|Image courtesy of www.neenahpaper.com|
Paper sometimes gets a bad rep. We've all heard things like "Save a tree..." and "Consider the environment before printing..." But what a lot of people don't understand is that not only is paper an effective and affordable tool, its also made from a renewable resource - a resource that's essential to our environment and ecosystem.
1. Paper Grows Trees. Trees are the primary raw material for making paper. We depend on trees to live. They filter the water we drink and the air we breathe. Most forestland in the U.S. is privately owned. These landowners must be able to earn a living from growing trees, or the trees may be cut down to make way for farmland or real estate. In fact, the U.S. Forest Service estimates that 12 millions acres of forest in the U.S. will be lost to suburban real estate development between 1991-2020 (http://us.fsc.org/). Higher demand for paper and paper-related products will cause more trees to be planted and a better environment for generations to come.
2. Paper is a Renewable Resource. Did you know that the U.S. Forest Products Industry generates more renewable energy than all the solar, wind and geothermal energy combined? (http://www.afandpa.org/) Thanks to today's technologies, close to 100% of a tree is used after harvesting. And, for every one tree harvested in the U.S. three more trees are planted. (AF&PA) This makes trees one of our most renewable resources.
3. Paper is Personal. Here's a great resource from Domtar Paper (one of our paper suppliers) with some fun facts about paper and people. Paper is personal. It's something we can hold in our hands and engage with. Check out this cool video on the paperbecause website: http://www.paperbecause.com/media/paper---essential-for-life-s-big-moments-
4. Paper is Effective. Although digital technology has added versatility to marketing and communication, paper still remains an effective tool. Direct mail gives advertisers a 13-1 return. 51% of consumers prefer personal mail. (http://www.cmocouncil.org/index.asp) Check out this cool website that brings to light some little-known facts about paper effectiveness: http://www.doyouknowthefacts.com/
5. Paper is Affordable. Paper is sold in many sizes, weights and colors. You can buy as much or as little as you need when you need it. At DigiCOPY, we stock and special order paper from some of the most well-known paper manufacturers in the business: Neenah Paper, Domtar and International Paper. Check out dcopy.net to view our in-stock papers and get more information about getting affordable paper for your business or personal use.